Terms and Conditions
The postgraduate studies for MA in museology programme lead to the acquisition of a Master’s Degree. This MA accepts, after a careful selection process, graduates of History, Archaeology, Engineering, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Economics, International Relations and other related subject areas, from Greek universities or equivalent institutions from abroad and from Technological Educational Institutions of related subject areas.
To be considered for the MA in Museology candidates are required to have:
- a university degree from a recognised University from the fields mentioned above
- proof of English competence level C1
- all modules are taught exclusively in Greek. Therefore foreign students should also have proof of Greek competence, at least level A2. Foreign students can attend classes of Modern Greek at the School of Modern Greek Language of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Application documentation must include the following:
- Application form (available for download from website )
- Certified copy of the first degree (applicants who expect to complete their undergraduate studies by September can apply now with their current transcript of grades)
- A certified copy of the transcript of grades
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English
- Certification of English language level at C1 (very well knowledge). Certification of English Language proficiency is demonstrated by submitting one of the following titles proving very good level: Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) University of Cambridge, IELTS (6.5 or above), TOEFL (92 or above), TOEIC (785 or above). In case of absence of these, other certificates are also acceptable which prove, however, very well knowledge of English, according to those standards designated by ASEP. Candidates who do not possess the relevant certification may submit an application on the understanding that, in order to be allowed to commence Postgraduate Studies, they must submit such a certificate by September 2014
- Candidates from either the Faculty of Fine Arts or from Architecture should include a portfolio in their application
- Certification of any related work experience
- Two recently acquired signed academic recommendation letters in sealed envelopes
- One passport size photograph
A personal interview is required.
Tuition fees are to be paid in three installments at the Piraeus Bank.
Additional costs will be incurred in relation to educational trips to Greece and abroad